Heavenly Hibernation

by Satu Vänskä-Westgarth on January 11, 2016 · 10 comments

Destination Unknown

There is time for everything.

There is time to blog, and there is time to let go. While I’m still planning to hang on at least to the edges of this corner of the world wide web, I’ve decided to officially put the blog in hibernation. It is cold, after all here in Norway! And maybe when the spring comes, the blog will crawl out of its hiding place to find out the first rays of sun of the new season. Or maybe not.

While I have somewhat seemingly lazily been updating the blog as of late, it is something that is in my mind. All. The. Time. And as my days are filled with an interesting job (check us out if you are ever thinking of a trip to the Nordics, the Arctic or Russia and need bit of assistance!), family life and at least trying to get outdoors, I have found myself in a place where I try to balance one too many things, struggling to fit it all in the short space of 24 hours a day.

So instead, when it comes to the online world, I might spend more time over in Instagram, after first exploring outdoors with my camera at more frequent intervals than right now. And I might check out Goodreads, after naturally reading a book or two in the process. You will for sure find me in Facebook, posting updates here and there. And no doubt I’ll be planning a few great adventures with my friends and family.

And what better, I might also spend good bit of time doing nothing at all. Just hibernating.

So huuuuuge thanks to everyone who has followed along over the last few years, dropped in for a quick visit, sent a message or an email, or said hello in social media. I appreciate it more than you can guess. I will continue with few other online projects and at least visit the pages of Skimbaco Lifestyle Magazine every once and a while, so please follow the team over there if you are after some interesting travel related lifestyle reading.

So for now it is time for good byes, and maybe we meet again here in the spring!

xx

Carmelle Gagnon January 12, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Sad to see you go during the hibernation months but I do understand.
Your family and your career need you, and you need to take care of yourself.
Will await your return when spring arrives….eventually.
It’s been a pleasure knowing you and the multiple adventures you shared.
Hurry back ! <3 😀

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth March 27, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Thanks Carmelle, really appreciate it! Only got around answering comments, slowly coming out of hibernation, maybe…. :) Loving the family time, reading books, cooking good food & time on skis!
Have a look! Satu Vänskä-Westgarth recently posted..Heavenly HibernationMy Profile

Kea | Deep Red Blues January 12, 2016 at 10:43 PM

You will, and have already been missed! Hope your hibernation proves fruitful for something new and exciting. Safe journeys! ♥
Have a look! Kea | Deep Red Blues recently posted..Seasons ChangeMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth March 27, 2016 at 2:06 PM

<3 to you Kea!

Andree Walkin January 14, 2016 at 11:30 AM

An inspiring blog by an inspiring lady, it will be missed but as it was once said “a change is as good as a rest” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Enjoy Hibernation it sounds good right now:)
Andree & Mike Jones Ireland

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth March 27, 2016 at 2:06 PM

Thank you to both of you, looking forward to following along your adventures meanwhile!

Elaine Masters March 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM

So wish I had your wisdom but I’m on a mission and haven’t arrived where I need to be as a blogger and social media influencer yet. I take time off in spurts!
Have a look! Elaine Masters recently posted..Swiss Boat Trip – Cruising Lake LucerneMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth March 27, 2016 at 2:05 PM

I hear you! I was never on a mission though but felt like I got caught in it all, so now loving the time off and thinking of how I could do this while “going back to basics”. I think I will be back. On my own terms :)

Katarina Wohlfart March 30, 2016 at 10:25 PM

I so understand. As a blogger I understand. I love my blog but when you need a break you need a break.

Agness of Fit Travelling February 23, 2017 at 9:37 PM

You had an amazing travel experience, Satu! Keep up the good work, I enjoy reading your stories.