Ten Days, Nine Flights

by Satu Vänskä-Westgarth on October 1, 2015 · 14 comments

Life has kicked onto a whole new gear.

My other half has been criss-crossing Europe in his van and ten or so kayaks on top for the last few weeks. “Mummi” i.e. the Finnish granny picked up the kids from Oslo, Norway and shuttled them to Finland for a break. And I have been flying, flying and flying. Norway, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Greenland, Denmark and Finland.

Due to next to no internet in the last week even my Instagram account has been strangely quiet, and hence I thought I’d give a sneak peak to my new, possibly “one of the absolute favourites” travel destinations. Meet Greenland through Visit Greenland!

Now it is time to take a deep breath, sit back and enjoy few weeks with the family, until it’s time to go again. New York here we come!

I’d love to hear in the comments if you have any tips for NY! It’s almost 20 years since my last visit…

It’s been ages since I last participated in Instagram Travel Thursday here on the blog. If you want to join in too check out how to go on about it on Skimbaco Lifestyle and see below for more travel & Instagram related inspiration!

Amanda Kendle October 1, 2015 at 10:30 AM

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures – I am definitely keen to get to Greenland after falling in love with Iceland already this year.
Have a look! Amanda Kendle recently posted..A three-day London layover with jet-lagged kids: Our suggestionsMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth October 3, 2015 at 7:10 PM

I have still to visit Iceland! Greenland was amazing, was just looking at flights to go back there… :)
Have a look! Satu Vänskä-Westgarth recently posted..Ten Days, Nine FlightsMy Profile

Leigh Powell Hines October 1, 2015 at 5:46 PM

These photos are so beautiful, Satu. Very lovely.
Have a look! Leigh Powell Hines recently posted..Expore Washington D.C with a Family Getaway Package with Ritz-Carlton Pentagon CityMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth October 3, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Visit Greenland has done a great job in curating some amazing images!!

Kymri Wilt October 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Wow! What a beautiful landscape, so different from what my eyes are used to. I must get there with my camera! Thanks for sharing this account, Satu! #inspired
Have a look! Kymri Wilt recently posted..Costa Rica Multi-Generational Family Vacation Re-capMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth October 3, 2015 at 7:11 PM

There are so many amazing places in Greenland, I only saw a tiny glimpse. Proper post will follow…

Katja of Skimbaco October 1, 2015 at 7:49 PM

These pictures are gorgeous… gives me goosebumps!

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth October 3, 2015 at 7:12 PM

I know, same here! I have to get back there! :)

reeta of @houseofanais October 2, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Those pictures are stunning – Greenland is on my bucket list and I hope one summer I’ll make it there! Enjoy your upcoming trip to NY – I look forward to your pics from there!
Have a look! reeta of @houseofanais recently posted..fairytales from slovenia on #igtravelthursdayMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth October 3, 2015 at 7:13 PM

I can’t wait to get to New York! I’m not so much a city person but quite curious to see what I can find in NY… :)

alison abbott October 2, 2015 at 5:21 PM

You’ve just moved Greenland up on my bucket list Satu. What a gorgeous collection of photos. Have a great time in NY.
Have a look! alison abbott recently posted..Instagram EnvyMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth October 3, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Thanks Alison! And Greenland is way at the top for me now! Iceland is just after… :)

Ale October 5, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Never been to NY jet and can’t wait to read your super outdoor tips!! I’ll wait for you to come back and update the blog… meanwhile these shots are simply OMG… super, stunning.. a dream coming true!!
Wish to go there with my family!!
Many hugs Satu!!!

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth October 23, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Loved New York… and working on those outdoorsy tips now! And yes, Greenland with family is high on my list as well! :)