Frozen Norway and come have a look at my new home!

by Satu Vänskä-Westgarth on November 29, 2013 · 21 comments

Frozen I @SatuVW I Destination Unknown

If you are reading this post through your email, RSS or any other medium rather than the actual site, come, come quickly to take a look, my site has gone through an extreme makeover!! I couldn’t be happier, this has been in the slow burner for a long time and I was happy to get expert help from Hannah at Further Bound and her partner Lee, and Candace who made the header sketch to make the site look exactly like I wanted it. And then some. Now my virtual home is all nice and cozy and ready for the winter. And the summer. And all the winters and summers to come. And do make a quick detour to Facebook also, I finally set up a page for Destination Unknown, it only took me five years of blogging to do that…

Speaking of winter, I wrote an article recently for Skimbaco Lifestyle online magazine about Disney’s new 3D Animation Frozen. The movie has got its inspiration from Norway, and just watching the trailer put me in kind of a Disney mood, all warm and fluffy inside.

As the temperatures have also plunged, I thought I’d have a look how frozen Norway really looks like, and why it isn’t that bad at all. I’d be happy to welcome that wicked sister from Frozen, who traps the town of Arendelle in eternal winter back to Norway every winter without hesitation, to make sure we get epic snow conditions year after year. And this year, please winter, do come before we go to New Zealand!

Ice I @SatuVW I Destination Unknown

Stuck in ice I @SatuVW I Destination Unknown

Winter evening in Norway I @SatuVW I Destination Unknown

Lillehammer in the winter I @SatuVW I Destination Unknown

And even if it gets little chilly every once and a while, there is always hot chocolate!

Hot chocolate I @SatuVW I Destination Unknown

What do you think of the new design?

If there are any Finns straying over here to the English side, I hope we’ll see the same changes take place in the Finnish edition soon too. There’s only almost five years of stuff to clean up and reorganise first, just a small little job to do while I feed the little man…

Mrs. Chasing the Donkey November 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Well you know I already love the new design… and those icy photos are so cool. Congrats on the site and as always your fab photos.
Have a look! Mrs. Chasing the Donkey recently posted..#FriFotos: Thanks {hvala}My Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth November 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Well, I love it too! Now it will be even harder to get me offline… :)

And thanks for your lovely comment.
Have a look! Satu Vänskä-Westgarth recently posted..Frozen Norway and come have a look at my new home!My Profile

Hannah November 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM

It’s wonderful to finally see your new design go live, Satu!!! We have really loved working with you – thank you so much for choosing us to bring your vision to life. Enjoy your new online home!
Have a look! Hannah recently posted..La vie en roseMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth November 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I can’t thank you enough Hannah, I’m loving it! Finally it feels like home here :)

Rika | Cubicle Throwdown November 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I always love seeing Hannah’s designs, your site looks amazing! I’m looking forward to following along and learning about Norway!
Have a look! Rika | Cubicle Throwdown recently posted..10 Ways That I Know You’re a Tourist and Not an ExpatMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth November 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I have to say, I’m in loooove with the design. It’s gonna be quite hard to get offline now 😉 And it was great to find your blog also, I look forward to learning all about diving!

Alison Chino December 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Love the new design! And gorgeous shots of Frozen Norway!! Even if winter is not my very favorite, I have to admit that it is beautiful!
Have a look! Alison Chino recently posted..In The PipelineMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth December 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Thanks Alison, I’m in love with it too…. :) I love the “proper” winter with lots of snow, sunshine and crisp, cold weather, but anything right before or after I’m not so fond of….
Have a look! Satu Vänskä-Westgarth recently posted..Chasing Giants in Northern IrelandMy Profile

Alla December 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Gorgeous new look!!! And congrats on the facebook page! I’m secretly hoping for lots of snow this winter, here in holland it’s just bite but no bark, cold but no snow… and hurra for hot chocolate!

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth December 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Thanks a lot! And yeah, that FB page… Not sure why I joined now that everyone else is kind of moving away from there due to FB policies but oh well, it’s kind of nice to be able to connect that way also :) I’ll keep my fingers crossed for some snow for you!

Joe @ Cosmic Smudge December 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Love the new design and banner. (Though, I thought your old banner was pretty cool, too). Took my nieces to see Frozen the other day. I had no idea that was supposed to be Norway. Why did I think they were supposed to be Russian? But I my defense, I was out getting popcorn in the beginning of the movie.
Have a look! Joe @ Cosmic Smudge recently posted..Small cameras, new connections and other things I’m thankful for in 2013My Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth December 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Thank Joe! And yeah, I know, I did love the old banner as well, but it was just hard to tie it all together. This look is little softer and just right for me. :)

And yeah, it’s Norway all the way. I think you would find so many interesting places here to photograph!

Trude Bang December 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I thought your old headingdesign was really nice, the new one is even supernice. You present beautiful pics and it’s a pleasure to read your writings. All set up in a good looking design 😀 And about working while feeding the little guy… I might lay my hands on you when your’e back in the snow. Btw; Øyerfjellet is now more than ready for some nice xc. For toptouring Voss might be ready to, at least is has been a lot of snowing lately in Myrkdalen and mountains around.
Have a look! Trude Bang recently posted..Hello world!My Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth December 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

THANK YOU Trude!! Such a lovely comment, made my day. We’re just home now, and yes, I would love to get another treatment from you! I think I kind of need it, again… :)
Have a look! Satu Vänskä-Westgarth recently posted..The Many Happy ReturnsMy Profile

Ann December 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I thought you had a new design! I love it.
Have a look! Ann recently posted..Köln (Cologne) Christmas Market with KidsMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth December 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Thanks Ann! I’m loving it too 😉

Silvia December 15, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Oh my goodness. Just found your blog through Megan Starr’s and am in love, love, love with your travels and photos! I’ll be going to visit family in Norway in January and this post has made me even more excited!
Have a look! Silvia recently posted..Our Trip in NumbersMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth December 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Silvia, you just made my day (well, more than that, really)!!! Thanks for your LOVELY comment and if you need any info or help regarding your trip to Norway, just ask! That reminds me, I’ve written way too little about Norway lately….
Have a look! Satu Vänskä-Westgarth recently posted..The Sweet Trouble with Travel and Life in DevonMy Profile

Emily April 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Your whole site is so clean, pretty and inviting. I love it, and I love the photos. How long will you be in Norway?
Have a look! Emily recently posted..The Colors of GranadaMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth April 18, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Thank Emily! I’m so thankful for Hannah at Further Bound who did the redesign. We are settled here quite nicely so I don’t see us moving away anytime soon, if ever :)
Have a look! Satu Vänskä-Westgarth recently posted..Ireland According to Game of ThronesMy Profile

Related Webpage April 30, 2016 at 12:43 PM

Woah this web site is amazing i adore examining the articles you write.. Online Shopping Remain the terrific work! You are aware of, a great deal of consumers are browsing rounded for this information and facts, you are able to enable them to tremendously.