Discovering Norway – Instagram Travel Thursday

by Satu Vänskä-Westgarth on July 18, 2013 · 22 comments

discover-norway-thumb

Okay. I admit it. I was wrong.

My previous post this week wasn’t long enough for a hot cup of tea, nor a cold beer, as one of my friends kindly pointed out.

Hence this time I won’t make such promises, but I would like to introduce you to few fellow Instagrammers who might keep you glued to the screen for some time. So maybe, just maybe, this time the drink of your choice could come in handy.

As part of the Instagram Travel Thursday, I wanted to bring you back to Norway. My personal Instagram feed is filled with images from around the country (see the image at the top), but I wanted to share with you some of the Instagram users whose photographs I find both inspiring and stunning. All of them have somehow managed to squeeze whole lot of Norway’s beauty into small square images on smart phone screens.

Even if you are not an Instagram user, you can still explore these image galleries online by clicking the images below or the links in the text.

Instagram / tfbergen

Tomasz Furmanek, aka tfbergen explores the western parts of Norway mostly from his sea kayak. Although I would like to think myself as a white water kayaker (despite having been a baby-making machine for the last couple of years), his pictures make me want to travel to the west, hop in a sea kayak instead and start exploring.

Instagram / Atler

Atle Rønningen aka atler, is a Oslo based Instagrammer whose images show his love of nature, and often have bit of dreamy quality to them. Many of his images make me wonder “how did he do that?”.

Instagram / btmoen

Photographer Bjørn Tore Moen, aka btmoen seems to spend all his time outdoors, at least judging by his Instagram feed. Whether it is by foot, bike or skis, he explores the Norwegian nature and documents it with his camera.

Instagram / lenelangbakk

Lene, aka lenelangbakk has an Instagram feed that makes me happy. Although based in Oslo, half of the time I’m not sure where her images are taken from. But they sure are full of bright colors, small details and smart angles.

Instagram / kristinfolsland
Kristin Folsland Olson’s Instagram feed was full of active outdoor and nature images until an injury came along and the images of late have been showing a story of recovery instead. Based in one of my favorite spots in Norway, the Lofoten, her images make me want to go back there, badly!

Come and join us for Instagram Travel Thursday!

• See the guidelines on Skimbaco Lifestyle online magazine
  • Write your own post on any topic covering Instagram and travel, or tag your images with #IGTravelThursday on Instagram
  • Add the link to your Instagram travel post at the bottom of this page

Katja of Skimbaco July 18, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I followed everyone – all new Igers to me, thank you for introducing, amazing photos!!
Have a look! Katja of Skimbaco recently posted..Instagram Travel Thursday: Going Global as Finland is the First One to Join!My Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth July 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM

The photos really are stunning, I’m happy you could find some new interesting instagrammers!
Have a look! Satu Vänskä-Westgarth recently posted..Discovering Norway – Instagram Travel ThursdayMy Profile

Reeta @houseofanais July 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I’m so hooked on images of Norway now. It’s so beautiful everywhere!!
Have a look! Reeta @houseofanais recently posted..redicrecting to houseofanais: ig travel thursday – exploring northern spainMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth July 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Ha ha, it really is a beautiful country! And outdoors and nature are so easily accessible here too.

Atle Rønningen July 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I’m very grateful for being presented together with these fine explorers. Thank you so much Satu!

Cheers Atle R.

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth July 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM

No worries Atle, pleasure is all mine! Look forward to seeing more of your images on Instagram!

Lala July 19, 2013 at 4:51 AM

I thought last weeks post was quite lovely! But this week…..A-mazing! Loving all the fabulous new instagrammers I can follow. Thanks tons.
Have a look! Lala recently posted..Aston Montelago Village Resort | Lake Las VegasMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth July 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Thanks Lala, although I suppose I can’t really take ANY credit from this week as the main component of the post is all these amazing instagrammers! They are definitely worth a follow!

Leigh Powell Hines @Hinessightblog July 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

These photos are lovely. I cannot wait to look at these accounts more carefully.
Have a look! Leigh Powell Hines @Hinessightblog recently posted..Instagram Travel Link-Up: Why you Should Indulge in Fried Shrimp, Hushpuppies and Ice Cream in Calabash, N.C.My Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth July 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Thanks Leigh! These accounts are definitely worth a look!

Monique July 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM

What great pictures! I’ll be following these accounts so that I can see more Norway awesomeness.
Have a look! Monique recently posted..An Introduction to Nelson Mandela in Cape TownMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth July 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM

These instagrammers definitely know how to capture the beauty of Norway! Worth a follow :)

Nicole July 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I cannot wait to begin following all of these Instagrammers! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos with us!

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth July 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM

My pleasure Nicole! :)

Bella Vida Letty July 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM

These photos are gorgeous and inspire me to visit Norway.
Have a look! Bella Vida Letty recently posted..Photos of Wynwood Graffiti MuralsMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth July 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Thanks Bella! Let me know if you ever come for a visit! :)
Have a look! Satu Vänskä-Westgarth recently posted..On Chasing Waterfalls and Visiting Pet FarmsMy Profile

Katarina Wohlfart July 17, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Hi! I wanted to participate in Instagram travel thursday. I wrote about Gotland and added my photos from there. I don´t know how do add the link? Where should I add it. It is this one http://katarinawohlfart.com/2014/07/17/instagram-travel-thursday-gotland/
Have a look! Katarina Wohlfart recently posted..Instagram Travel Thursday – GotlandMy Profile

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth July 17, 2014 at 11:05 PM

So great that you’d like to participate!! :) I just had a quick look and it seems that now in the summer time we’re all bit slack when it comes to IGTT, I think Reeta should have a post up some point today in her blog where you can add the link: http://www.houseofanais.com/

In Facebook we have Instagram Travel Thursday group you can join if interested with up-to-date information: https://www.facebook.com/groups/igtravel/
Have a look! Satu Vänskä-Westgarth recently posted..Biking along 350 Kilometers of Stunning Norwegian Coastline with Unfortunate Lack of Coffee shopsMy Profile

Katarina Wohlfart July 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Yeah. but then I atleast know how to. We should add the link to your posts. Then I know. :) It says a widget called linky, which I have no idea what it is.. Happy traveling summer!

Satu Vänskä-Westgarth July 18, 2014 at 9:24 AM

You can find the Linky in the end of each IGTT post – at least from the hosts. I’m on IGTT holiday myself, just getting things lined up for Ireland. Fire away with any questions on the FB group if you like, there’s plenty of help available! :)

超スクスク ベビー&キッズ&ジュニア first ファースト 11 5cm〜13 5cmス August 4, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too. This kind
of clever work and reporting! Keep up the excellent works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to
my own blogroll.
Have a look! 超スクスク ベビー&キッズ&ジュニア first ファースト 11 5cm〜13 5cmス recently posted..超スクスク ベビー&キッズ&ジュニア first ファースト 11 5cm〜13 5cmスMy Profile